Monday 18 January 2016

Proposal

The theme that I have chosen to use for this project is Cyber Bullying and Online Safety. I think that these two subjects would be great joined together because of the fact that people can be bullied online through different social medias. I have chosen to do this on Cyber Bullying because it affects quite  a few children and some  young people throughout the country. It is an important theme to do a project about because it shows that I care about those children who have to deal with it every single day. I would like to  use Cyber Bullying for my project because it would stop bullies from harming those who they aren't expecting to harm. I feel as though bullying is an important subject because it happens all the time without people knowing about it.  I would like to get my point across how people who are being bullied feels after they have been bullied to let people aware of their experiences with bullying, especially Cyber Bullying.










The medium that I will be using to create my work is Adobe Illustrator. I have chosen to use this medium because I prefer using it. I find Illustrator better to use then Photo Shop. I would like to have  some sort of graphic touch to my project. This would grab peoples attention because people prefer the graphic style to the photo shop. I have decided to make a graphic type piece of work because it would highlight Cyber Bullying perfectly.  The graphics would show Cyber Bullying and the help part of the situation letting people be aware of the consequences, in case they try to bully the same person over and over again.  The graphic style that I would use would be a plain background/fill colour to give the graphic the final touch to it that it needs. I think that having a white background wouldn't get my point across as I have planned in my head.  Also a white background wouldn't give the information that I want to get through a poster. White backgrounds aren't as effective as a colour background showing that I have already thought about the colour that I don't want my piece of work to be.










For my project I would like to create a poster. This is because this would be more eye- catching then an ordinary photo. I would cover the background to get my point across of Cyber- Bullying. I don't want a white background for this project because it wouldn't get my point across clearly compared to if was a normal photo. I could join more then one photos together that I have created to make. create a fantastic poster to do with Cyber Bullying. I would have the Child line logo in one of the corners of the poster to show how Cyber Bullying can be helped with the phone call. I would change the logo by having a little character behind the child line logo to give it character. This would make the logo stand out better than the original logo. I would use this to show how Cyber Bullying has helped children and young people who have been bullied. I would keep the poster portrait because it would make it more of a poster.  I would probably use my brother for my poster to show children being bullied. I am intending to take a photo of my brother looking at the computer, pretending to be bullied. I would then like to use this photo to create a cartoon part of this photo using my art skills.  This would work well because children are mostly affecting with being bullied compared to teenagers and adults. I might use my dad to have as the person behind the phone(child line) to give it a better touch to the whole poster. This would stay a photo to keep it serious. This would also show that it really happens to people/children.





The images that has inspired me to help describe my idea is the Cyber Bullying logo. I would put this logo towards the middle of my poster to highlight what the subject is about that I have chosen for my project.  This has helped me with creating a more effective logo to grab the audience's attention throughout the poster. Having a character behind the Child Line logo would show a bit of a secret of how a child came to being bullied and how their life was saved by Child Line.  I would change the colour of the logo to more of a bright aware colour like red to show that it is important to stop being Bullied. This would give the effect that some-one is being physically bullied, it would show the bullies that bullying is wrong.  I feel like the Child Line logo would fit my poster because it gives the feeling that something can be done about bullying when it happens to children. It would clearly indicate the happiness that Children feel when they have told an adult or some-one about their bullying life or story.  I don't want to use the phone on the right hand side because it doesn't look as effective as a character behind the logo. This also shows that I have thought about the logo without using some-one else's work.  It looks like it has been rushed a bit too much giving the feeling that a Child did it.  No other image has inspired me to use for my project. I feel as though this is the most important one out of the lot that I want to re-design for my own poster. 

The initial research that I will undertake while completing this project is by having a non realistic character and some  realistic characters joined together to create my final poster. This would make my work more effective if I combine two lots of photos and art works to make my subject, my original piece of work using my skills that I have learnt. The pre-production work that I will undertake is making sure that I know what I am doing with the project to make it to the best of my ability that I can. This includes using the best of my art skills and taking my time. Also for the preproduction work I will have to make sure that I complete it in the time limit as well as doing some of  it outside of lesson to get it completed on time. Also another piece of preproduction work that I will undertake is making sure that I have designed my characters for my poster before I make my piece.  I will create at least 3 designs or more for each of the characters that I would like to create through my project, to see which one of my designs I like the best, that I could use for my poster. The audience research that I will undertake whilst completing this project is making sure that I know who my audience is. In this case it is aimed for children because they are mainly targeted for bullying, especially Cyber Bullying. Some parts of the audience would be aimed for the adults of the children because they would need to find out who to contact if some bullying did happen to their children and they would need to know about it.
 

I will present my work by a poster. This would capture all of the needed information without massive chunks of information that is not required. This doesn't grab people's attention as much. I would use Adobe Illustrator so I can get the information through the characters/ graphic side to the characters to show the audience in the most appropriate way as possible. I would like to create just one poster using the information that I have gathered throughout my research. I think that just one poster would be effective enough to show information on Cyber Bullying and Online Safety. I might create small posters to show and indicate the less important parts of the poster such as online bullying. I would make smaller pieces of art work to have as the things that happen to children as they get bullied. These things would include name calling, online gaming to show the reactions before and after Cyber bullying has happened. I would like to have these smaller images/artworks at the bottom of the poster in a sort of a comic strip to kind of show the story between the child's face of being bullied and the help that they have received throughout the internet/ in this case Child Line. I would like to use my art skills for my work to give my poster the most information I feel like it needs.  I would also have a smaller artwork/piece for my poster at the top to show that people aren't allowed to harm others, otherwise it is Cyber Bullying. I think that posters work very well when trying to create an idea because people are always interested in posters more than just plain boring photos  that wouldn't get people's attention as much.



 









No comments:

Post a Comment